Saturday, March 04, 2006

I'm So Tired I'm Not Even Going To Have A Margarita

Well, here we are at Doc's, after a 24 hour filibuster marathon, and I am so tired, I can't trust myself to drink and drive. I had fun today with David Van Os, Little Larry, Billy and the Girl Posse. I got to read some blog entry from Thereisnospoon at Kos with lots of dirty words, which was great 'cuz I did't have to take responsibility. I'll come back later and post the link to it, I am struggling to do this entry in a crowded Austin drinkery on a strange computer, contorting myself to do so. How do these youngsters do this all the time? I much prefer my desk by the window looking out into the oak tree. But, to sum it all up for ya real quick - I had more fun this past 24 hours than I have had since my last trip to Paris in 1988. Thanks, David and Rachel, for making it happen - and a special thanks to CandidateLarry, who hung in there, did not sleep or leave the capitol steps until 6:02 on Saturday evening, and didn't even fall asleep in the car on the way home. This is a guy who will do what he says he will do. He told David Van Os he would be there for 24 hours straight, and he was. No wonder that golden retriever loves him so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home