Monday, January 09, 2006

They Have No Shame

There is just so much to write about, I don't even know where to begin. I guess the biggest vomit factor happening to me, personally, is that the unlovely Arlene, Wolgemuth, that is; is helping out with the Madla campaign. I gotta tell ya, when Arlene's HB2292 passed back in the '03 Lege session, I nearly cried. I had been working with my church at the time, assisting the working poor in signing up their kids for CHIP. It was a labor of love, and labor it was, for in Texas, it was particularly difficult to wade through the paperwork. Arlene's bill, HB 2292, made it even harder, and on top of that, eliminated some of those very same families our church was helping from the program entirely.

Of course, it later turned out that bill did not save the Great State of Texas the $45 million it was supposed to. It saved about a million dollars. But, hey, Arlene and her ilk probably thought all the misery that bill caused and continues to cause, is well worth it. Well, she's not suffering, I reckon; nor are her friends suffering much.

The lesson we take, my children, from this involvement of Arlene in the Madla campaign is this: Voting them out does not seem to be enough. They have a habit of continuing to show up, like bad pennies all the damn time. I think it's because they have no shame.

And neither does Frank Madla, it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home