Thursday, December 01, 2005

Commander In Chief

That's the TV show that is the favorite in our house. Only problem is, son Billy is not often home to watch it, Larry's usually only listening to it while he sends out Precinct 3 emails, and I forget to turn it on unless Billy reminds me it is on. I was supposed to have TIVO'ed it while we were at the John Edwards speech (and, BTW, a big THANK YOU to Trinity University and the sponsors for allowing the community at large in for free), but I forgot (It's such an ordeal trying to remember how to do it each time). Now Billy, who is away competing in his sport, is to blame, for he usually leaves me a note in the kitchen reminding to record it; he didn't this week. But when we're all finally home together, we lay out a tablecloth on the coffee table, and eat our dinner watching Geena Davis kick butt. I love that she is my son's current TV hero. I also love that Larry Stallings is as pro-woman as any candidate for public office could be; and that is the polar opposite of his opposition, Frank Corte, whose right wingnuttery comes out in a bill or two every session that oppresses women in some way, which you can read about just below. Larry is planning on the fight of his life for this seat - it should be fun to watch him shred Frank Corte on this issue alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home