Saturday, September 30, 2006

Taking Bets. Will the E-N Publish?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Little Larry at the Clinton Library)

(Treasurer Terry was pretty upset by an article about Little Larrys' opponent's homecoming party/puff piece written by Mauro Robbins in the Express-News; so he wrote the following LTE. Ya think it will be published? Nah, neither do we.)

Mr. Robert Rivard
Editor

The tone of Maro Robbins piece about Frank Corte's homecoming has led to some confusion about Larry Stallings' military record. Whether it was poor sentence construction on Mr. Robbins' part, or a sneaky attempt to discredit Mr. Stallings without actually coming out and doing so, the piece seems to call Mr. Stallings' military record into question. While it is easily verified through public record, I would also like to personally attest to his military experience. Mr. Stallings, (Major, U.S. Army Ret.) has served in our armed forces for over 30 years, fought in two wars, and was awarded both the Legion of Merit and the Bronze Star for his service. I can testify to this record because for a good chunk of that period I served along with him. And although I am a long-time Republican myself, I believe he is the best candidate running for District 122. I feel strong enough about it, I am not only supporting him, I am his campaign treasurer.

Larry and I, as most military men would be, are relieved and grateful to see Mr. Corte come home from Iraq safe and sound, both for his sake and for the sake of his family. And Mr. Robbins, you are absolutely right, it is no surprise that Mr. Stallings was not in attendance at Frank Corte's homecoming. He was not invited. Furthermore, he was out of the state...taking his son, a product of public education in Texas schools, to start his first year at Harvard University.

Terry Mayclin
San Antonio, Texas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home